Sunday, July 14, 2013

Where Do I Live....

On a blank canvas.
            I live on the tightly woven fabric, smeared with a thick layer of gesso, stretched to cover the four bare connected planks. Stapled edges to keep it all together.
            I live with my friends. The twisted, gnarled, leftover, empty tubes of my best friends mock me. They never stay long, but what can I say? When they are here I squeeze the living daylights out of them. I do enjoy the time we are together but it’s never, never long enough. My other friends, hmph, they couldn’t leave if I paid them. Sure we shake hand once in a while but it’s nothing like the time spent with my besties. Their plump figure pushes my starving favorites to a dark corner.

            Don’t get me wrong, we get along quite well. We all use our different strengths and weaknesses to create something beautiful. Along with my family, (I don’t mention them much. They are known for their amazing hair but they are a tad stiff in their movements. Definitely not as fluid and free as my friends.) We work together. With my friends and family blending their different spirits and spreading their essence across my willing body. The beginning mess is quite atrocious but what ends up on that aforementioned dried gesso of mine is magnificent. Almost as great as my family’s hair, almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment